Biblical Theory Of Evolution Isaac Newton, Johann Kepler, Blasie Pascal, Galileo, Michael Faraday, Samuel Morse, George Washington Carver, Gregor Mendel and Louis Pasteur were all scientists who believed in the Biblical Theory of Evolution. I am writing about the Biblical Theory of Evolution because I grew up hearing this theory and I have always wondered exactly what it was and what it all meant. This paper is meant to explain the Biblical Theory of Evolution. The Biblical Theory of Evolution begins with the first book of the bible. The following is what the bible says about creation according to Genesis 1.
“(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (3) And God said, let there be light: and there was light. (4) And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. (5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. (6) And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
(7) And God made the firmament, and divided the waters, which were under the firmament from the waters, which were above the firmament: and it was so. (8) And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. (9) And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it Was so. (10) And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
(11) And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. (12) And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in Itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (13) And the evening and the morning were the third day. (14) And God said, let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for Signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:(15) And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. (16) And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
(17) And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, (18) And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. (19) And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. (20) And God said; Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the Earth in the open firmament of heaven. (21) And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after Their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (22) And God blessed them, saying, be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth (23) and the evening and the morning were the fifth day. (24) And God said; Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth After his kind: and it was so. (25) And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
(26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and Over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (28) And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and Have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, In the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. (30) And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
(31) And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” (Sadlier 1-2) Over half of the adults in the untied States believe this theory of evolution, also called Creationism. (Clifford 6) Some people believe it because that it the only theory that they have ever heard. While others believe it because of careful research. Genesis can provide evidence to confirm creationism.
Genesis can stand for the following, to help explain it. od’s Grand Design nergy & the Law of Entropy o Fossils for Evolution lusive Mutation Mechanism tatistical Simulation n Less than 10,000 years cripture Specifies Creation God’s Grand Design. The Universe is carefully and skillfully detailed. Saturn, for example has rings around it made up of billions of matter orbiting in a perfect formation. Saturn was not created like that by mistake or by some sort of luck. Saturn was created not evolved.
(Clark 3) There are so many precise conditions that are needed in order to have life on earth. There is no way this all could have happened by chance. The earth rotates on its axis one thousand miles an hour, our days and nights would be ten times as long as they are now. The sun would burn the ground all day and freeze the ground all night making it very hard for crops to grow. (Bender 55-57) The earth is slanted on an angle of 23 degrees, which make up our seasons.
If the earth was tilted less then 23 degrees then vapors from the ocean would move North and South, which would give us continents filled high with ice. (Bender 57) If the moon was closer to us then it is then our tides would be so huge that twice a day all continents would be submerged. That would be very bad for us. (Bender 60) Energy and the Law of Entropy. The laws of Thermodynamics prove the theory of Creation.
The first law of Thermodynamics states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. So how can the earth be started from a single cell? The second law of thermodynamics states that whenever energy changes forms no energy is lost it becomes more random and less useful. Any physical system left to it self tends to move impulsively toward disorganization. Evolution requires the opposite of this, an impulsive decrease in randomness and an escalating complexity of life. (Clark 1) No real fossil evidence for evolution.
According to Darwin’s theory animals evolved from other animals, but there are no fossils to prove this. The animals from the Precambrian era and those of the Cambrian era show no link to each other. (Clark 1-2) Elusive Mutation Mechanism. Natural Selection can’t produce new genes, it can only select among preexisting genetic material. Mutations are the only way that new genetic information or new genes would form. Mutations are rarely beneficial to an organism. There can be variation within the gene pool; pf a particular animal but no evolution of new kinds of animals. No animal has ever been observed being evolved; there is no proof to it. (Clark 2) Statistical Simulations of Evolution.
Darwin says that the earth and everything on it evolved from one cell. The chances of that happening are 1 in 10 to the 200th power. The whole universe only contains 10 to the 80th power of atoms. The earth is shown to be less then 10,000 years old. The chance of evolution actually happening as Ken Clark says is the “longest long shot one could possible bet on”. In all honesty there is no statistical chance at all that life evolved. In less than 10,000 years. Most people agree that the earth is less then 10,000 years old.
Evolution requires billions of years to achieve that. Billions of years that the earth wasn’t around. (Clark 2) The Earth’s cooling time has been proven to be just a few thousands of years and that makes it consistent with the 6,000 year time period of the bible. (Bloom 6) The speed of light is decreasing. The speed of light may have been twelve million times faster at one time. Light is an atomic process, atomic run-rates would chance and that would mean that radio metric dates are wrong.
In other words a rock that is said to be 6 billion years old would really be 8,000 years old. Scripture Specifies Creation. The fulfillment of the bible prophesies in their set times prove that the text is true (the bible). In the book of Revelation Chapter 16 verse 12 it says “And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.” The Ottoman Empire was the power in the Eastern Mediterranean between the 16th and the 19th century. The Ottoman Empire began “drying up” in 1820.
(Clark) 1820-Greece rebelled and gained Independence in 1827. 1828-Indepenendence was granted to Moldavia, Wallachia and Servia after the war with Russia. 1829-France occupied Algiers in Africa. 1853-The Turkish Empire was weakened after war with Russia. 1881-France took over Tunis.
1897-The Empire was weakened further after war with Greece. 1908-Bulgaria claimed autonomy. 1911-Italy occupied Tripoli. 1912 to 1913-The Balkan war reduced the Empires Territory. 1914-1918-World War 1 resulted in the Empire losing Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon and significant European territory to become what is known as the modern state of Turkey. The book of Revelation was written before 1611 and these events took place in 1820. That a two hundred year difference.
The bible is an accurate and trustworthy source. The biblical theory of evolution has a solid base. (Ross 3) The biblical theory of evolution is based on a solid foundation. As the Psalm’s says “The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament showeth his handiwork.” This is the Theory of Biblical Evolution. Bibliography Bibliography Bender, David L.
and Bruno Leone. Religion and Human Experience: Opposing Viewpoints. St. Paul, Minnesota: Greenhaven Press, Inc.,1998. Bloom, Harold, ed. Genesis.
New York, NY: Chelsea House Publishers, 1986. Clark, Ken. Creation Outreach. 08 December 2000. http://onramp.ior.com/~kjc/creation.html Clifford, Richard J.
“Creationism’s Value’s?” America. 11 March 2000: 6-8. Collyer, John V. “Bible Prophecy.” Creation, Evolution, and Science. 12 November 1987: 106-120. Johnson, Elizabeth A., “Does God Play Dice? Divine Providence and Chance.” Theological Studies. Volume 56.
New York: Fordham University 1996. Lavallee, Louis. “The Early Church Defended Creation Science.” Vital Articles on Science/Creation. October 1986: 1-4. Pennock, Robert. Tower of Babel: The Evidence Against the New Creationism.
Cambridge: MIT Press, 1999. Rohr, Janelle, ed. Science & Religion: Opposing Viewpoints. St. Paul, Minnesota: Greenhaven Press, Inc., 1998 Ross, Hugh Norman.
Creation and Time. Colorado Springs, Colorado: NavPress Publishing Group, 1994. Sadlier, William H, ed. The New American Bible. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1986. Sander, Ben.
Evolution and Creationism. New York: Franklin Watts, 1999. Anthropology.